SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 was released last night, and has some cool new animations, 3D effects, social networks integration, new emails UI, and many other goodies.
Seems like SPB are taking a little bit from each mobile OS: a little bit of a TouchFlo animated emails reader, some of the Android menus style, a little bit of Samsung's TouchWiz widgets, some of the Palm Pre's synergy, along with SPB's own look & feel. Great stuff.
Here's a short video demonstration:
You can check out our own review of version 3.0 in here:
Review: SPB Mobile Shell 3.0
What's new in SPB Mobile Shell 3.5?
- Improved SPB Carousel design (e. g. added reflections and some additional interaction gestures)
- Gravity sensor support in the SPB Carousel
- 3D email viewer
- 3D SMS viewer (with contact pictures)
- Access to online catalog in “Change Background” dialog
- New “Add Widget” dialog
- Widget skin selection with preview
- New widget: Tasks (customizable task list on your home screen)
- New widget: Picture Frame (widget and full-screen slideshow)
- New widget: Facebook Status
- New widget: Twitter Status
- New widget: Four instant wireless switches (WiFi, Bluetooth, Flight Mode, Phone Switch)
- New widget: Internet Search (with instant suggestions)
- New widget: Birthdays reminders (never forget about your friend’s birthday again)
- Contact widget: ability to choose default action
- Wireless manager widget: icon shows current states, popup shows current states
- Weather widget: support for more advanced skins with detailed forecast and current conditions
- Streamlined background change (with cropping and easy to view local gallery)
- Current weather conditions (in addition to forecast)
- New skins for most widgets
- Professional home customization using widgets
- Option to have only one home screen (lifestyle or professional)
- Option to change number of screens in lifestyle or professional layouts
- Weather in Agenda
- Force feedback on tap and hold
- Option to choose the default tab for Contacts and Launcher
- Improved design of most dialogs (popup menus, settings etc.)
- Category filter in the contact list
- Improved widget edit mode (widget can be dragged to other pages, recycle bin for easy delete etc.)
- Color themes support on Windows Mobile 6.5
- Integration with SPB Weather and SPB Traveler via widgets
- Improved “Choose Shortcut” dialog with similar look to SPB Menu
- New widget: Operator Name
- New widget: Date
- New widget: Alarm
- Option to disable tap and hold
- Redesigned settings dialogs
The Spoon's opinion: Still the number #1 shell for Windows Mobile. Some cosmetic improvements we are not excited about (who cares about the carousel view anyway?), and some important ones (mails, facebook & twitter, shell infrastructure).
If you don't like (or don't have) TouchFlo 3D - SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 is a "must have" software for your Windows Mobile phone.
If you like this post, subscribe to our RSS Feed.