At last - something interesting which does not include the word Droid...
Israel-based software developer and services provider Emblaze Mobile has formally unveiled the First Else mobile device in an exclusive London preview.
The First Else phone is running a new operating system called Else Intuition OS (built on top of Access Linux Platform 3.0) and offers GPS navigation, camera, information set-up and above all - one hell of a creative graphical user interface, threatening to change how we use our mobile phones.
Check out First Else Site - there's a nice demo in the site.
Else CEO Amir Kupervas said in the preview that "smart" phones should actually be adapting to us instead of us having to adapt to cluttered menu systems. sPlay and the fisheye display are innovative concepts that allows very simple and quick way to access information on the device.
- Application processor: TI OMAP 3430
- WCDMA/HSDPA/ GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE
- Supported bands: Quad band 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz & 1900 MHz
- Tri-band 850 MHz, 1900 MHz & 2100 MHz
- Bluetooth & WiFi: BT 2.0 and 802.11 b/g
- Main Display: LCD 3.47″ FWVGA 480×854, 262K colors
- Memory: Internal flash 16GB
- 256MB RAM
- Camera: 5 Megapixel, Auto-focus, 8x Digital, Image stabilization technology
- GPS: Standalone GPS and Assisted-GPS
- Microphones: SiSonic (X 2 for noise cancellation)
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Includes state-of-the-art Flamingo™ stereo headphones
- Sensors: Tilt, Proximity and Light sensors with adaptive handling
- Battery: 1450mA/hour
- Dimensions: 13mm (D) x 56.6mm (W) x 115.6
See the UI in action: