Wow, I just finished reading tons of news and rumors about Microsoft's Windows Mobile 7, Pink project and more…
Here are the interesting ones:
Remember "Pink" that everyone thought is dead? Well, according to this FCC image, things might become real very soon now:
(Someone should tell Palm Pre that it has a twin brother)
PPCGeeks brings an interesting rumor with some of the features that will be exposed next week regarding Windows Mobile 7!
- Metro style user interface (similar to ZuneHD)
- No Flash support yet (Silverlight promotion maybe?)
- Apps can be downloaded only via Marketplace
- No Multi-Task support.
- Push notifications – supported.
- Marketplace will now support “try before you buy”
- No "Compact Framework" backwards compatibility.
- Full Zune Integration
- Windows Mobile Device Center will no longer be used. (Zune software to take over syncing via PC).
- OEM Interfaces will not be allowed to run on the device. Say goodbye to Sense UI / SPB Mobile Shell / Point UI / Infinity, etc, etc
- Full XBOX Gaming Integration (Gamer tag, achievements, friends, avatars, merchandising, etc)
- Full support for social networking
- GA date: September 2010
Ouch that hurts! No Flash, no multi-tasking, no self installation, what is that crap? I will never us such kind of phone!
Oh, wait, I'm actually using one right now…
And before we end, here are some more screenshots taken from PocketNow
Looks like things are going to be interesting next week around Microsoft…