A bunch of useful tips I've collected from the world wide wonderful web:
So here's the thing: spending some time recently with an iPad, Android phones and reading the new iPhone 4 specs, I'm under the impression the iPhone days as the number one smartphone in the world may be numbered: Android, not the most fascinating phone OS in my opinion, is improving and very fast, while iPhone 4 looks promising but not a game changer.
Still, the recent events made me go back to my iPhone 3G and hack the hell out of it to support multi-tasking, today screen (using LockInfo), host some cool new soccer games and thumbnails view of the home screen. Cool.
Here are a few tricks you may not know your iPhone can do (even if it's not jailbroken):
- Double click on the space-bar button will actually write a period (exists also for BlackBerry)
- Click and hold a link to see the site name and full url.
- Hold the home button and click the sleep button to take a screenshot of your current window
- Press and hold an image inside a website to download it
- While saving a bookmark – the page location and content you have when you click on the bookmark button will actually become the shortcut icon – so you can actually control how the bookmark icon will look like
Check out a lot of other cool tips in the links below…
Besides, not sure you've noticed your iPhone headphones has a small joystick:
Just squeeze the microphone together, and the button gets pressed.
- Press once to answer a call
- Press twice to send the call to voicemail
- Press once to hang up a cal
In call while second call coming in...
- click once to hold current call and switch to new call
- hold for 2 secs and release to ignore new call
Out of call...
- Press once to activate iPod and play song
- Press once to pause song
- Press twice to skip to next song
Cool tips for jail broken iPhone: http://www.ismashphone.com/2009/07/15-useful-iphone-hacks-that-will-make-your-life-easier-.html
Enjoy your iPhone!