So you thought you got all the numbers from Apple yesterday? Think again! The Mobile Spoon unveils some surprising numbers Apple did not wanted you to know!
- Apple has shipped 120 million iOS devices thus far.
- 230,000 new iOS devices are activated daily.
- Over 6.5 billion apps were downloaded from the AppStore
- Yes, that's 200 apps per second.
- There are over 250,000 apps in the App store
- Half of them cost money
- Many people are paying a lot of money to jailbreak their phones just to get a few $1 apps for free.
- There are 25,000 iPad apps
- Most of them still suck
- iOS 4.1 is coming out next week for iPhone and iPod Touch
- Bugs fixes: Proximity sensor, Bluetooth, and performance fixes for old useless iPhones 3G.
- I have an iPhone 3G. It sucks. I hate it, it's so fu<beep>ing slow!
- New feature: High Dynamic Range photos: a system that takes three quick photos, with different exposures, and combines the three to make the best photo possible.
- No one cares about the feature above
- I am selling my iPhone 3G, please contact me if you are interested, it's a wonderful phone if you are interested in a cutting edge technology… seriously… it really is…
iOS 4.2 is coming, iPad in the center:
- Everything that was in 4.1 for iPhone will be coming to iPad in 4.2 – the point of the release is to catch the iPad up with iPhone.
- Wireless printing is planned to be part of the new release.
- As always, if you have a jailbroken iDevice you had those features ages ago…
- 10 reasons why every geek must get an iPad
- 4.2 will drop in November as a free update for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
- My birthday is on November…
- Could it be that this is a gift from Apple to me?
iPod is still rocking…
- Apple has sold 275 million iPods
- The iPod touch is the most popular iPod.
- iPod touch controls more than 50% of the mobile gaming market.
- Out of which, 90% bought it to play angry birds
- The iPod Touch has racked up 1.5 billion entertainment title and game downloads.
- The new iPod Touch can play 40 hours of music on a charge.
- Those are 3 flights from Thailand to Australia
- Apple is creating iDevices based on number of icons per screen: 4 icons, 16 icons, 32 icons, soon – iWall, with 300 icons.
iTunes 10 and Ping:
- 11.7 billion song downloads were made from iTunes
- 450 million TV episodes downloads
- 400 million belong to Seinfeld and Friends
- Over 100 million movies downloads
- 35 million books sold.
- My favorite books are Transformers… comic books…
- Most of these great stuff is bought for money!
- 10 million computer geeks didn't believe the last statement…
- iTunes has 160 million user accounts with credit cards in 23 countries.
- 160 million people hates iTunes
- Ping is going to be just like facebook and twitter for music.
- 500,000 MySpace users are closing their account as we speak…