My latest post over at MobilityDigest (What should Microsoft do to order to save Windows Phone 7?) started a little fight between furious Windows Phone lovers, Android fans, and iPhone… well, actually I was the only one representing iPhone …, "How can you claim WP7 is a failure?", "How can you not claim it's a failure!?", "You are a failure yourself!", and so one… (see over 50 comments, most of them pretty aggressive and rude, but that's typical when it comes to comparing mobile operating systems… ).
Anyways, after reading the comments, some of them really childish and dumb, I decided to do a dumb test in order to finally find out:
- What is the most popular mobile operating system in the world?
- What is the most popular smartphone?
To make the test really foolish, I approached the one and only, the mighty one who knows everything, the one we all go to when we need help and guidance: Google.
I used a few search terms, and compared the number of results I got in each of them, replacing the name of the mobile operating system.
The test is definitive. The results are undisputable. It cannot fail!
What is the most popular smartphone in the world?
Here are the results:
*Clarification: [X] stands for the term I' planted: iPhone, Android, or 'Windows Phone 7'.
|Looking for a [X] Phone||476,000,000||254,000,000||1,810,000,000|
|dropped my [X] to the toilets||1,960,000||958,000||638,000|
|I love my [X]||1,960,000,000||874,000,000||625,000,000|
|I hate my [X]||152,000,000||99,600,000||52,800,000|
|Left my wife for an [X]||47,200,000||18,900,000||24,800,000|
|Dog chewed my iPhone||2,010,000||2,720,000||744,000|
My immediate conclusions?
- iPhone is the most popular smartphone in the world
- We all go to the toilets with our phones. We wash only our hands afterwards…
- There are a lot of weird people thinking of leaving their wives in favor of a gadget
- With so many people looking for Windows Phone 7, it's either going to be a hit very soon or it's really damn hard to find stores that actually sell it
- Dogs prefer Android
Aren't you feeling lucky you finally know the answer?
Follow me on twitter to get more answers!