700,000 Android devices are activated every day. Got that? 700,000 more people every day are using Android!
As a comparison;
- iOS has 275,000 activations per day,
- Windows Phone 7 has something like 29 activations per day (oh wait, actually it's 29 activations every week, not day… sorry…)
What an amazing momentum: half a year ago the numbers stood on 400,000. In June it went up to 500,000 and in July it was 550,000.
However, when taking into considerations some other statistics from the mobile world…
Here are the real numbers:
- Every day, 350,000 people around the globe are making a small decision that will make them unhappy.
- 210,000 confused consumers go back to their mobile store every day asking for a real iPhone.
- Summarizing Android, iOS, BlackBerry - there are 1 million smartphones operating systems activated daily (that's 1,000,029 if you include Windows Phone 7 as well).
Having fun? Here are some more:
- AT&T is selling 100,000 new smartphones every day
- Samsung broke its' own record selling 300 million mobile phones (not just smartphones) during 2011. Average of over 800,000 units per day. (source)
If you like this post, subscribe to our RSS Feed.